In this article, we will dive into Royal blue hexadecimal codehis sense, colors that complement it, and alternatives. Then you can dive into picsart creative tools to create montages using royal blue as inspiration.
What is the royal blue color code?
There are nearly 17 million possible color combinations. Fortunately, each color has its own number code to help you find the exact color in seconds. Color codes are essential for maintaining design and brand color consistency across all platforms and mediums.
the Royal blue hexadecimal code is #4169e1. In an RGB color space (composed of red, green, and blue), the exact distribution of hexagon #4169e1 is 25.5% red, 41.2% green, and 88.2% blue. These exact percentages show you that Royal blue is actually closer to green than red despite what your eyes may tell you. In the CMYK color space (used in color printing), hexagon #4169e1 is 71.1% cyan, 53.3% magenta, 0% yellow, and 11.8% black.
What is the meaning of the color royal blue?
As its name suggests, the royal blue color actually comes from royalty. The color was first created in the early 1800s in England when making a custom dress for Queen Charlotte (1744-1818). Accordingly, it is associated with the United Kingdom as it is a staple of the national flag, the Union Jack. The color also remains a popular choice for dresses and suits for formal events, such as weddings and political functions.
In color psychology, the generic color blue evokes reliability, trust or peace. Excessive use of blue, however, can create feelings of sadness, hence the musical genre, blues, or the phrase “feeling blue”. the royal blue color meaning is generally not associated with sadness, especially when used in reasonable amounts.
How do you work with the royal blue color?
Royal blue is versatile. It can either be used as an accent or featured color in a Color scheme to make an image stand out, or it can be combined with other bright colors to amplify an image. It also works well with its own shades in a monochromatic color scheme.
It is a color that is a popular choice for corporate logos, formal wear, and interior design color schemes. It is also found in many abstract and pop art. You can use the 60-30-10 rule when pairing royal blue with other bright colors or competing blues, such as Tiffany Blue or teal green (unless you go for the shiny pop art look, of course). For example, when designing an interior space, you might try 60% neutral (ivory, gray, etc.), 30% royal blue, 10% yellow, or another bright color. In this case, royal blue serves as the main accent color and yellow serves as a small pop of color to pull the look together. To create the royal blue coloryou can mix a touch of red or purple with pure blue.
What colors complement royal blue?
Let’s break down the different types of supplements or color combinations:
Sitting directly across from royal blue on all 12 spokes color pallet is its most fundamental complement, yellow orange.
The three colors closest to royal blue on the color wheel are purple, Red purple, and red. These are known as analogous colors and pair well with the base color to complement a Color scheme.
The triad complements of a color are the colors equidistant from it that form a triangle to include the base color. Royal blue goes with yellowish green and Orange-red form a triad.
Here is some Quick tips to keep in mind when working with colors that complement royal blue:
- When using royal blue in mature or formal spaces (such as weddings, offices, or formal interiors), you can pair it with neutral colors, such as white, gray, ivory, pink light or powder pink, black, beige, dark brown or gold. This is a good time to apply the 60-30-10 rule, unless you’re going for an abstract or eclectic look.
- In more playful environments, the colors that complement royal blue include orange, bright yellow, lime green, hot pink, bright blue or other bright colors.
- Royal blue and green are analogous colors. Because royal blue is quite vivid, you can try pairing it with more soothing or woodsy greens, such as olive or sage.
- When pairing royal blue with red, be sure to include a neutral color, like the white in the UK flag. Red and blue are primary colors and tend to compete for attention.
What is the closest color to royal blue?
So, is royal blue the same as dark blue? And the navy blue? The answer is no enough. Royal blue is actually lighter and more intense than both. Some well-known colors that are often confused with royal blue include dark blue, indigo, navy blue, and blue-gray.
According to the hex code, the official alternatives to royal blue are (in order from bluish-green to bluish-purple):
- #4191e1 (bluish green)
- #4169e1 (royal blue)
- #4141e1 (bluish purple)
What are the different shades and tints of royal blue?
Shades are created by adding black to a pure color. Tints are created by adding white to a pure color.
The hex codes for the various shades and tints of the royal blue monochromatic color scheme are (in order from darkest to lightest):
- #1d44b8 (darkest)
- #4169e1 (royal blue)
- #839deb (lightest)
Create fantastic photos using royal blue
Now that you know more about royal blue, it’s time to get inspired. Jtry Picsart photo and video editing software to work your magic.
On the Web
1. Open the Picsart web editor and click New Project to begin.
2. In the left panel, choose the Provision tool and click on the Instagram Profile option. Don’t worry if you’re designing for another platform or purpose, this is just for reference eg.
3. Now is the time to fill in your canvas. Click on the Background section above and in the left panel enter the HEX code for royal blue.
4. Upload an image to your canvas.
5. Add a sticker to your canvas by clicking on the Stickers tool, by entering your search and selecting the one you prefer.
6. You can make all sorts of additional changes and change the design as much or as little as you want.
7. Once you are happy with your work, click the Export button and download the finished file.
1. Open the Picsart app and tap the plus sign (+) at the bottom of the screen to begin your design.
2. Tap Drawings, then Create New.
3. With a blank canvas set up and ready to use, press the Color tool.
4. Set your background to royal blue using the color wheel and tap the check mark in the top right corner.
5. At the bottom of your screen, tap Sticker.
6. Search for your theme (in this case, “the blue aesthetic”) and browse the collection of stickers.
7. Upload an image.
8. You can add more stickers and effects here if needed.
9. Make the necessary adjustments.
ten. When you’re done editing, confirm your selections by pressing the Next button to save or publish your work to the wider Picsart creative community.
Create at the speed of culture
Picsart is a complete ecosystem of free content, powerful tools, and creator inspiration. With one billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active creators, Picsart is the largest creative platform in the world. Picsart has collaborated with major artists and brands like BLACKPINK, Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez, One Direction, Sanrio: Hello Kitty, Warner Bros. Entertainment, iHeartMedia, Condé Nast, and more. Download the app or start editing on the web today to enhance your photos and videos with thousands of quick and easy editing tools, trendy filters, fun stickers and shiny backgrounds. Unleash your creativity and go gold for premium benefits!