In this article, we will answer these questions and explain how to get verified on Instagram. If you’re on your way to becoming a celebrity in everything you do — from influencer to community organizing — getting Instagram verification can be a big step.
What is an Instagram verification?
What is a badge on Instagram? It’s that blue tick normally associated with celebrities and public figures. The Instagram team describes their verification badge a bit more clearly and with more nuance. They refer to verification as a validation method that helps assure users that they are following real people. They repeat that Instagram has no opinion on these accounts. It’s more about making sure people really follow the politician they support or the actress they admire.
What does Instagram verification mean?
For many minds, being verified on Instagram is about becoming famous. At least on the Internet. But, as described above, the team at this social media app doesn’t necessarily see it that way.
Of course, there are a ton of celebrities with that blue tick because they want to separate their genuine account from any fake ones. But Instagram has recently become more transparent about its verification process in the hopes of not passing it off as just a celebrity endorsement mechanism.
What are the benefits of being verified?
If you don’t know why you are trying to verify your Instagram profile, check out the following benefits.
- The obvious answer: We will not beat around the bush. Being verified by Instagram looks good. That blue tick is associated with fame, authority, and trust, so whether you’re an influencer or a business, it helps your audience know you mean business.
- Protect your authenticity: If you’ve worked hard to build your company’s image, protect it. Having that blue badge makes your project just as legitimate as it really is and will deter people from trying to pass it off as their own.
- Special benefits: Instagram will let you experience new beta features, so you’ll know what’s happening before anyone else.
Who can be verified on Instagram?
Technically, anyone can be verified on Instagram. But that doesn’t mean they will. Remember that Instagram treats verification as a kind of security filter, ensuring that notable or famous people aren’t portrayed by fake accounts and information. This means that if your account is not at risk of being spoofed, you may not be eligible.
There are, however, some hard and fast facts about eligibility. To be eligible, you must meet Instagram’s terms and guidelines. Your account must actually represent you and you can only have one verified account. Also, your account must be public.
How to get verified on Instagram
How many followers do you need to be verified? You might be surprised to know that the criteria isn’t really about follower count.
If you’re willing to try getting verified on Instagram, what better way to understand what this app is really looking for than going straight to the source? Here’s what it takes, according to the folks at Instagram themselves.
- Meet prerequisites: Your account must be real and unique (i.e. you must only have one). Remember that your account must also be set as public.
- You must be well known or “highly sought after”.
- You should be able to Google. In other words, there should be organic information about you on the Internet, such as press releases or articles on sites such as news sources. You can share this information with the app so they can find it more easily.
How to Stay Verified on Instagram
The answer to this question is quite simple: follow the rules. Follow Instagram policies and community guidelines and don’t use your account to cross-promote. You don’t want to pass yourself off as a scam.
How to Intensify Your Instagram Posts with Picsart and Stories to Get Followers
The best way to get organic followers is with great content, so use Picsart to create organized, professional-looking posts.
On the Web
1. Open the Picsart web app and in Design for choose Instagram. Then, from the context menu, choose the type of shape post you want to create (i.e. feed post or story, etc.)
2. Upload the image you want to modify. From there, you can add things like photos, stickers, and text to it.
3. You can fine-tune the image by adjusting light, colors, and other details.
4. Using filters and effects is another great way to customize the aesthetic of your post.
5. When you’re happy with your edits, upload your photo using the Export button in the top right corner of the screen.
1. Open the Picsart mobile app and click the purple plus sign at the bottom of the screen to start a new project.
2. Choose the photo you want to work with.
3. Once on the editing screen, use the tools in the menu under your photo. You can apply filters with the Effects tool or use the Touching up tool to smooth wrinkles, remove blemishes and rekindle your photo. When you’re done, click Apply in the upper right corner of the screen for your changes to take effect.
4. Stickers are another great way to add a personal touch to images.
5. Just like adding custom or branded text and messaging.
6. Make sure to save your changes by tapping the Next button in the top right corner.
seven. When you’re happy with your changes, save or publish your image. From there, you can make further changes in the Instagram app as needed.
Create at the speed of culture
Picsart is a complete ecosystem of free content, powerful tools, and creator inspiration. With one billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active creators, Picsart is the largest creative platform in the world. Picsart has collaborated with major artists and brands like BLACKPINK, Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez, One Direction, Sanrio: Hello Kitty, Warner Bros. Entertainment, iHeartMedia, Condé Nast, and more. Download the app or start editing on the web today to enhance your photos and videos with thousands of quick and easy editing tools, trendy filters, fun stickers and shiny backgrounds. Unleash your creativity and go gold for premium benefits!