Creation is the ultimate expression of learning. At Adobe, we believe that all students should have the opportunity to develop essential creative and digital literacy skills that will help them learn and open doors to a better future. By preparing teachers in schools and colleges around the world to teach creative skills with Adobe tools, they can prepare their students for today’s digital world and the digital future.
Adobe MAX gives students and teachers the ability to absorb real-world lessons and be inspired by experts in creativity and education. They will have the opportunity to meet leading educators and experts working in all disciplines of formal education and beyond, researchers, school and university leaders, students, and more. And educators will learn how products like Adobe Express can foster creativity in curriculum, professional development, technology pathways, and help the next generation learn to thrive in a digital world.
The Education course is for anyone:
- Leads a creative program
- Wants to teach creative and digital skills in the classroom
- Is ready to jump in and launch a career
Here are 5 must-attend sessions at Adobe MAX 2022:
Tech and creativity: the best skills to acquire for a future job (S202)
Some of today’s most in-demand jobs require creative skills to get hired – skills anyone can learn. Hear from young professionals Rebecca Hare, Grace Ling, Connor Allen-Kilpatrick and Ariana Vergara-Johnson about how they used their school experiences and side projects to develop their creativity and launch their careers.
In this 30 minute session, you will:
Discover the variety of exciting job opportunities that exist in modern media
Hear from a Product Marketing Manager, Product/UX Designer, and Production Intern about their respective journeys and how they got started
Get tips and tricks on how to build your own career: what you can do now and how to prepare for your dream job.
New Directions in Readability and Accessibility (S200)
Everyone has different eyes and a different brain. And now designers have the ability to tailor consumer experiences to these differences. In our session on inclusive design and accessibility, join Zoya Bylinskii, research scientist at Adobe’s Creative Intelligence Lab, as she shares the latest research and features around reading and design.
In this 30 minute session, you will discover:
- The latest findings from our readability research team on how personalized reading settings for individuals improve reading results
- New tools coming soon in Acrobat and Reader for dyslexic readers
- The latest research on tools to ensure your designs are suitable for color-blind audiences
- New tools to make PDFs more accessible
Creativity as Fuel for Student-Centered Learning and Well-Being (S204)
The predictable stressors have been compounded by those we have experienced due to a global pandemic and growing socio-political tensions that challenge our humanity. Listen as we explore the ways teachers and students can rise up to spark collective well-being for the future. Join DC Public Schools Art Therapist and Art Innovation Lead Lindsey D. Vance and Adobe Education Evangelist Wezi Thindwa in a creative conversation leading educators toward wholeness through their own artistic practice.
During this 30-minute session, educators will have the opportunity to:
- Discover ways to cultivate compassionate, learner-centered classrooms through personal self-reflection and artistic practice
- Learn about social-emotional attunement and trauma-informed practices to holistically empower student learners
- Clearly identify the ways in which creativity fuels social-emotional learning (SEL) and elevates the voices of educators and students to foster a healing environment in your classroom.
Educational Innovation: Strategies for Sustainable Success (S206)
Learn how Associate Vice Provost for Innovation Garret Westlake, a design dyslexic who grew up hating school, is reimagining the future of higher education at Virginia Commonwealth University. Imagine classrooms built on empathy and imagination, designed to meet the needs of users – not the systems that exist today. Westlake will discuss what he sees as a dangerous overreliance on optimization and explore innovation strategies that drive lasting success.
This 30 minute session will cover:
- How to reconcile optimization and innovation
- Align objectives with appropriate optimization and innovation strategies
- Embrace empathy and design thinking as catalysts to improve innovation
- Advancing educational goals through innovation
Increase productivity and collaboration with Adobe Express (S452)
Learn how Adobe Express empowers freelancers, small business owners, and social media marketers to work more collaboratively with teams and increase productivity to deliver faster results to clients. Join Charmaine Jennings, owner of Strategic Charm Boutique, a digital marketing agency that helps businesses share their brand story and build online communities, and Chloe McConnell, Adobe Express expert, to learn how:
- Scale and amplify branded content
- Empower your customers to create on brand
- Take advantage of Creative Cloud workflows from Photoshop to Illustrator to Adobe Express
- Increase collaboration with and streamline feedback from teams or clients
Already excited for everything you’ll get to explore? U.S. too. Register for Adobe MAX 2022 (October 18-20) to unlock new ideas and develop your creativity and digital skills.