Why is video marketing important?
Suppose you already have a professionally designed website and you already follow a lot of social media. Combined with rave reviews, that should be enough to land some new business, right?
In the majority of cases, the answer is yes. So why use video marketing? Sometimes consumers need an extra push. They want to know more about your business and they need information delivered in an easily digestible way that doesn’t require too much research effort.
This is where video marketing can help your business shine. Here’s how.
- It showcases your expertise
Video content offers insight into your skills, which helps consumers feel more confident in their decision. And the numbers back it up: 66% of consumers prefer watching videos to reading about products.
- It resonates with consumers
The video makes you an industry expert and shows consumers why you are worth choosing over the competition. It also helps you build a stronger connection with consumers than static images or blog posts, helping you differentiate your brand.
- It’s effective
Sure, creating different types of video content can take longer than your average Instagram post, but it’s worth it. According to 2018 statistics, 93% of marketers say they found a customer through social media video marketing.
What types of videos exist?
Experimenting with different types of video styles can seem daunting, but that doesn’t mean you have to stick to the classic tutorials or explanations. When you step out of your comfort zone, you craft an exceptional video marketing strategy that sets your brand apart.
So what types of video styles exist and when should you use them? Here’s a quick guide to get you started.
1. Ask Me Anything (AMA) Videos
AMA videos are interactive videos where someone answers questions. They’re a great tool for engaging with your community, helping you reveal the face behind the brand.
Try asking questions on Instagram Stories and creating a short video answering your most popular questions. Alternatively, Facebook Live can help you connect with your audience in real time, and you can even record sessions for users to view later.
2. Employee Intro Videos
Internal storytelling is one of the best ways to showcase your company culture. When you give employees the opportunity to tell their story, it shows that your brand really cares about its team members.
Employee presentation videos are ideal for YouTube and LinkedIn. You can even give them a home on your website under the careers tab.
3. Corporate Values Videos
Much like employee stories, company values videos provide a valuable opportunity to tell your audience more about your company. And with more and more millennials looking for values-driven companies, it’s more important than ever to highlight your company’s commitment to its core values.
When prospects learn that your business aligns with their values, they will take a step closer to choosing your business. These types of videos are ideal for Instagram and Facebook. If you’re running a recruitment campaign, don’t forget to also share the video on LinkedIn.
4. Product launch videos
Product launches are the perfect tool to showcase your new product. A short, simple Facebook video or Instagram story will get more viewers to stop scrolling than an advertisement. Plus, it might just give your prospects the extra push they need to click “buy.”
5. Listicle Videos
Of all the types of videos, listicles are one of the most popular because they contain useful and easy to digest information.
If you don’t feel like recording, create an engaging slideshow with fun music playing in the background. Listicle videos work best on YouTube, but they also make impactful short videos for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
6. Typography Videos
Playing around with different animation techniques, like moving text around, is a great way to extend your reach. Beautifully crafted typography videos can help you unleash your creativity and engage your viewers with stunning visuals.
When you want to cram information into a short video, typography can be the best tool in your video marketing toolbox. This type of video is ideal for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Even if your viewers don’t catch every word, they will get the gist.
7. Product Reviews
Partner with influencers to market your product? Consider asking them to create a product review for your brand’s YouTube channel or Instagram account.
When it comes to video marketing, nothing beats social proof. Product reviews help you build consumer trust, showing them that other people (or influencers they trust) believe in your product.
8. Behind The Scenes Videos (BTS)
Behind-the-scenes videos help you connect with your audience. They can even benefit your recruiting efforts by painting a clear picture of your company culture.
Next time you’re having a quiet day at the office, hosting an event, or starting a project, why not shoot a quick BTS video? You can post them to YouTube, create a quick Instagram video, or live stream to Facebook to add a personal touch to your brand.
9. Sales and promotions
Everyone loves it very much. Try giving your Facebook followers an exclusive offer with an eye-catching video to promote a sale on a specific product.
10. Educational Videos
When it comes to learning about new products or services, 73% of consumers prefer videos over text. And with so many consumers looking for simple, practical solutions, educational content can help you stand out from the crowd.
These videos answer any “how to” questions your target audience might have. For example, if you’re a web developer, you can share an educational video on YouTube to show prospects how to install your new template on WordPress.
Tips for creating engaging videos
Now that you know the types of videos your brand could leverage, it’s time to start creating. Here are some video editing tips to give your content an edge:
- Give value to your audience. Your video content should be valuable to your target audience, whether it’s educational, inspiring, or entertaining.
- Keep it short and sweet. Ideally, Facebook videos should be around a minute long, while Instagram videos should be around 30 seconds long, according to data from Hubspot.
- Make it grab attention. What’s the best way to stand out in a sea of status updates? Captivating content. If your video doesn’t grab your audience’s attention within seconds, it will continue to scroll.
- Don’t forget to add captions. If you’re creating an AMA or other high conversation video, be sure to add subtitles so viewers can follow along without the sound.
- Make it loop worthy. Instagram videos – as well as short videos on Facebook and Twitter – loop automatically. Keep this in mind when editing video content. Whenever possible, try to create a seamless loop that viewers won’t notice.
How to Create and Edit Videos with Picsart
Videos provide an invaluable opportunity to channel your inner artist. With Picsart, creating and editing videos is easy and you can tap into your creative side to differentiate your brand from the rest.
Your video content should reflect your brand’s unique identity and personality, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of video styles. Here’s how to start.
On the Web:
1. Open Picsart online video editor and choose Make a video to start your project. Check out the guide to social media video specs to choose the right size for each social media platform.
2. Choose from the selection of #FreeToEdit templates, or click To download to use one of your own videos.
3. Experiment with different AI music, blending modes, Stickers, Textand other video editing features to bring your video to life.
4. Click on Export to upload your final edit and share it on social media.
1. Open the Picsart app and tap the plus sign (+).
2. To record a new video, scroll to Cameras and choose Video camera. This way you can start filming in the app and then apply video filters in real time.
3. Choose your filter and hit the record button to begin.
4. Choose from AI music, record a voiceover and experiment with Stickers and special effects to create amazing video.
5. Be sure to tap Apply to lock in any changes you make, then tap the forward arrow to confirm.
6. Decide on the export settings you need and click save or share when you’re done.
7. You can then share the video on social media or through messaging apps.
Create at the speed of culture
Picsart is a complete ecosystem of free content, powerful tools, and creator inspiration. With one billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active creators, Picsart is the largest creative platform in the world. Picsart has collaborated with major artists and brands like BLACKPINK, Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Lizzo, Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez, One Direction, Sanrio: Hello Kitty, Warner Bros. Entertainment, iHeartMedia, Condé Nast, and more. Download the app or start editing on the web today to enhance your photos and videos with thousands of quick and easy editing tools, trendy filters, fun stickers and shiny backgrounds. Unleash your creativity and go gold for premium benefits!